Monday, March 30, 2009

Scams

The other day I got a fax at work. Some poor person who had lost a family member in the 9/11 attacks was having a banking problem of sorts, and I would get half of the money if I helped this person out by holding the money in my personal banking account. I wasn't born yesterday, so I threw the fax away. However, the scam gave me a wonderful idea for my own Internet scam.

My Idea for an Internet Scam:

Law enforcement has recently discovered a hi-tech gang of people who specialize in taking nude photos of citizens. They have had their hidden cameras in public restrooms, hotels, and locker rooms. Police have recently uncovered thousands of these photos, and a photograph has been identified as you. This photo has been very popular, and the perpetrators have made over $50,000 at your expense. Fortunately, these criminals are behind bars, and investigators have entitled the money to you. Please contact Deputy Smith at the following email address to claim your $50,000.

I think it would be incredibly funny at how many people will
a) Freak out that there is a lewd photo of them on the Internet
b) Be flattered that the photo of them was popular
c) Request to see the photo
or
d) have some other reaction

No comments:

Google