Monday, April 13, 2009

Plasma TV

I teamed up with a coworker and delivered a plasma TV to someone's house. Our company started doing these deliveries a while ago. A few restrictions apply. We must have two people present to deliver the TV. We must unwrap everything and plug the TV in to ensure that it is working. And last but not least, the TV must be upright at all times or it is somehow ruined.

The first time I delivered one of these TV's, my car broke down in a blizzard, and I was stuck in the snow with Kyle, who is now in the army. Our manager broke the strap trying to tow us, and we finally abandoned my car in a snow bank. I got my car from the mechanic two weeks later.

This time, we weren't quite as lucky. The car worked, we arrived on time, and the TV worked beautifully. As I pulled into the driveway, I have never seen two young men so happy to see me. Of course, they weren't looking at me. Their eyes were glazed over with amazement as they drooled over the flat, wide screen that I was hauling down their narrow staircase. I love making the TV deliveries for just that reason. I feel like Santa Clause delivering presents. People are so happy to see me when I have a big screen.

No comments:

Google