Monday, March 9, 2009

Big Love


One of my facebook friends invited me to join a group to boycott the series Big Love. HBO's series is showing an LDS temple ceremony, apparently. Guess what? I don't care!




I have watched Big Love once or twice, and it's okay. The writing isn't great, but the entertainment value is pretty high, which is probably the reason that people still watch it. Sometimes I watch stuff that makes fun of my religion and love it. Case in point: South Park is totally awesome, and the Mormon episodes are really funny. Big Love, on the other hand, is like the train-wreck you can't stop watching, like Tyra Banks or Brittany Spears. But not as good as them because I actually did stop watching the show due to boredom. (Sometimes I flip through the channels and stop dead in my tracks, watching Tyra with one eyebrow raised.) Perhaps I will watch this Sunday's episode just because it's controversial. I'm curious like that.




What I care about much more than this controversy is the reason why I found a chewed up fingernail stuck in the keyboard as I was writing this blog. Hint, the fingernail was NOT mine, and it was big enough to have been a toenail. So gross!

No comments:

Google