Monday, March 2, 2009

Debt Free!



I'm taking a moment to gloat: on Saturday, I wrote the last check to pay off all of my student debt, and all of my debt, for that matter. Now I am completely broke, but I am no longer in the negative numbers. Six months out of college, and I still have the same job I did before I graduated, but now it doesn't seem so bad.




For the rest of my Saturday, I decided to take a long, relaxing bath to celebrate. I put on a facial mask, got the water just the right temperature, and brought the phone in the bathroom so I wouldn't have to leave for anything trivial. As soon as I dipped myself in the water, the phone rang.




"We have a hot shot delivery to the airport," my mom said. "Are you dressed?"




"I was five minutes ago," I grumbled.




My long, relaxing bath lasted three minutes.

No comments:

Google