Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Friday the 13th Came Early this Week

The day was busy when we started, but then everything went wrong. After we sent my brother-in-law to Elko, Nevada, to pick up a broken-down armored car, I get a phone call.

"We have a BIG problem," the driver droned into the phone dramatically.

"What is it?" I snapped, annoyed at the theatrics.

"We're in a parking lot and the armored truck is broken down, and there's oil leaking out of the bottom of it."

I ran to the back of the office to tell my mom, who was already having a terrible day. She rushed into the front office in lightening speed, yelling all the way, and somehow managed to dump all of the contents of her desk onto the floor before she found the keys to our other armored truck that doesn't work very well.

I inspected the alleyway behind our facility to make sure there were no signs of leaking before. I found a generous oil spot that had gone completely unnoticed before our crew started to drive the truck all over town.

So, there you have it, two different crews in two different states ran their vehicles out of engine oil on the same day. This was a reminder that I desperately need to get my oil changed this weekend or I will be the third person this week to run my vehicle out of oil, and my head will be on the chopping block.

No comments:

Google