Sunday, January 4, 2009

Update

Work
So, I haven't written on my blog in forever, as you may have noticed. What's new? Not a whole lot. I'm still operating the coin machine, and Friday I had the privilege of conquering my biggest fear: cleaning the men's room at work. I swear, that bathroom is worse than any truck stop bathroom by far. I wore gloves and swiched out the disposable Clorox wipes after every couple of wipes. I do not worry about conserving the environment while cleaning that bathroom. The toilet has things caked on it that have been there since the 1990's. Yes, that was in the last milennium.

A few days in the new year, and I've already conquered my worst fear. Not bad, indeed. I would also be happy to inform you all that I cleaned out the coin machine. That is quite a process, also. It involves a large air-compressor that is meant for airing up tires and a special nozzle. I simply take the nozzle and blow all the crap out of the machine. Out flies all those wonderful things that make their way into filthy money, including acryllic nails, pocket lint and the like. I blow my nose afterwards, revealing black snot from breathing in the debris.

Christmas
How was Christmas? This year was the in-law-year, so everyone was gone except for me, which is still kind of weird. We visited the Goldmans during the day, and they were taking a family portrait. After many bribes of fruit snacks, they got one picture without tears. "How do they get their children to pose for pictures?" Janelle said after looking at the Robinson's family portrait. Their secret? A lethargic, well-fed eighteen-month-old with a head bigger than mine.

The Single's Branch
I've been attending the single's branch, and I got called to be the second councellor. I'm really learning a lot about the Relief Society and its functions. I started two regular enrichments for once a month: a family history night and a craft night where we make wooden toys for needy children. I'm working on the Relief Society birthday enrichment on March 17. Yes, the Relief Society was organized on St. Patty's Day in the 1800s. Imagine that.

About Me
When I'm not digging crap out of the coin machine or the bathroom, and I'm not attending a church meeting, I'm usually applying for jobs, doing a sewing project, drawing, running, or just stagnating by the telivision, drooling over Andy Sandburg from Saturday Night Live, who is my new celebrity crush, by the way.

I guess that's a pretty sufficient update, since almost nothing has happened since my last blog in October. Until the next blog, take care.

1 comment:

Jacob and Kalli Hiller said...

I just happened upon your blog (this is Kalli) and I love your sense of humor. It's great. Hope you're doing well.

Google