Tuesday, February 3, 2009

The Superbowl

My parents and I didn't know the Superbowl was happening until we went into the grocery store on Saturday. "Maybe we should watch it this year," my mom said.

To this my dad responded, "I only watched it one year, and it was the halftime show, and that lady exposed herself." So thus we all vowed to watch the Superbowl.

I was the only one who stayed awake. My dad slept until the dramatic last four minutes. I muted most of the game to concentrate on the book I was reading, turning on the sound for the comercials. My favorite comercial was the Doritos one with the "crystal ball" (snow globe) that the guy throws into the vending machine.

I imagined my old roommate, a Steelers fan, was in hysterics during the last four minutes, which I watched with the sound on. Congratulations, Anna, your team won!

No comments:

Google