Monday, February 23, 2009

Sinuses

This morning I woke up at 5 a.m. My face hurt, deep into my cheekbones, and I had snot running down one nostril onto my pillow. When I got up, mere gravity pulled everything out of my nose and mucus proceeded to run dangerously close to my upper lip before I was able to obtain a tissue.

Two hours later my mom came in my room. "So-and-so called in sick, today, so I'll need you to come in early." Ah, the joys of living with your boss.

"I'm sick, too," I wanted to say, but all I could muster was a feeble, obligatory grunt. That usually means yes when I'm feeling well.

Granted, I came to work late, not early. I called in and warned my mom of my late arrival in a raspy voice.

I'm feeling a lot better, now, but I'll definitely need some major rest and some Mucinex. Needless to say, I'm going to bed now.

No comments:

Google