Sunday, February 10, 2008

Gross Commercials

Commercials for Personal Lubricant

Yesterday I saw a commercial for a personal lubricant. It had a split screen with a hand on either side, each hand representing the compeditors' brands. The narrator spoke about the other brands and how messy they were. Copius amounts of lubricant was then poured into each hand as the hands pulled their fingers apart in the sticky goo, demonstrating that these were poor brands, indeed. The advertised product was then lightly dabbed on a forefinger, and the narrator explained that the product was less messy than the others because it came out in a sensuous foam.

A Commercial for Denture Adhesive that Should Never Have Aired

Another commercial I hate is a commercial for denture adhesive. The commercial features an old couple making out in the back of a taxi cab and poses the question that only one of them is wearing dentures, but which one?

Male Enhancement Commercials

Need I say more? Also, I do not appreciate getting spam that offers to make my penis larger. I do not have a penis; please stop spamming me.

Feminine Protection

I will buy these products whether they are advertised or not. However, I do not want to see a demonstration of how a pad with a high absorbancy can soak up the equivilent of a large mud puddle. That's gross.

My Blog Will Now Be Advertising the Following Products...

I host Adsense on my blog, and no doubt the program will immediately scan my latest blog for relevant products to advertise. I will not block the scan of this article because I think that these are products that should be advertised and purchased. There is no better place to adverise these products than in a discreet line of text at the left of someone's webpage, and there is no better place to buy these products than in the privacy of your own home, on the internet. Or, if you are more brazen, like me, you can just purchase your feminine hygiene in the grocery store. But I am providing a way to purchase these somewhat embarrassing products that everyone needs without you having to watch those dreadful commercials.

No comments:

Google