Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Taxes

Though I did not attend the tea party today, I do oppose the amount that we are taxed. I am currently taxed three times the amount that Americans were taxed just before they said enough is enough and overthrew the British. The percentage of my income that goes to the government is more than the percentage that caused a war.

Although I openly oppose taxes, I do not do sneaky, dishonest things to silently protest. These things include but are not limited to: claiming pets as dependents, not claiming tips and other sources of income, and other things to cheat on my taxes. I do none of these things; I am one hundred percent honest in filing my taxes.

I encourage people to be honest in their taxes. If people oppose the amount they are taxed, they should write Congress, not claim their cat as a dependent. Do the right thing.

No comments:

Google