Friday, January 11, 2008

News Stories

For one of my classes I was asked to write a 50-100 word blurb about something that was going on around campus or the community. I had always made fun of the local newscasters because they seemed corny when they ran out of ideas for the news. They would talk about the weather or some boy who completed his eagle scout project, and I would point my finger in scorn.

Of course, I was asked to do this assignment within the first week of school, and there was nothing really going on. I was faced with the same situation as a local newscaster of a small town. The theatre department is preparing for things clear in spring, the biology department's triumphs were already covered in December issues of on-campus magazines, and the humanities department has such a lack of funding that nothing is ever going on. So what did I write about? The weather.

No comments:

Google