Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Romance


Right now I'm attempting to write a submission for the Ensign. Maybe it can be an "in" for one of my first publications. One can only hope.

My other best bet is to write a "lust in the dust" novel. Romance novels are published far more than any other genre, and they are the easiest to get a contract for. (I've done my research). My only problem is getting an idea for one. I've tried to read romance novels, but they seem boring and have no substance.

The Mormon romance novels are the worst: a girl meets a boy, and [gasp] he's not Mormon. The whole rest of the novel is dedicated to the conversion process: a complete waste of paper. Then they get married in the temple, and all happens before their first year in college.

Needless to say, I will not be writing a Mormon romance novel. I would rather stick to the true genre of "lust in the dust," where I shall create a fanciful world full of tall, muscular men that look incredibly good in speedos. Fabio can pose for my cover, even though he is well past his prime. You can't write a romance novel without having Fabio on the cover. Period.

So I'm either getting my foot in the door writing personal essays about my spiritual experiences for a religious magazine, or I'm getting my foot in the door writing a steamy piece of trash. Beggars can't be choosers.

No comments:

Google