Thursday, May 7, 2009

Urine-soaked Pants

The same day I had the weird missionary ask me how old I was, I had another mishap. (That day was so bad, it deserves two blogs.)

I got back to the office smelling like soup, and, since I work with my sister, my niece was there. (My brother-in-law and my sister do a type of "shift change" where they switch who takes care of the kids. They are there for about five minutes while their parents switch cars.)

Little Cassie can drink her weight in water, as I have seen her drink an entire jumbo soda at Sam's Club. That day she had peed through her diaper and onto the seat of the shopping cart. So I am no stranger to her accidents.

A moment after the children arrived at the office, I sat down at the computer desk to send a report. Instantaneously, I was soaked to my knees. Cassie's pee was dripping off of the chair, soaked through layers of fabric padding, and my clothes had quickly absorbed it.

Luckily, I was able to take a break and go home to shower and change my pants. On the way over, my car was filled with the strong scent of someone else's urine. I even had to disinfect my wallet, as the pee had seeped through my pocket.

I got back to the office clean but cranky. What do you expect, a positive attitude?

No comments:

Google