Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Selling Plasma

I know this sounds like a stereotypical college student, but I sell plasma for a living. (until I get a real job, which is coming soon.) I decided to write about my first time selling plasma. I had to pee in a cup, and I fumbled and dropped the cup in the toilet, so I had to ask for a new one. Then, when I had my physical, the guy accidentally told me to take off my pants and not my shirt before putting on a smock for a short physical. I realized the mistake, then changed for the physical. I was a little surprised (but not really) that the "physical" was mostly checking different parts of my body for tract marks. The light at the end of the tunnel was getting a needle stuck in my arm.

After the plasma jug started filling up, I suddenly got naseous. I started to lose control of my eyes, and while they were rolling around in my head, I saw some man who worked there and said, "Hey, sir, I'm feeling a little light-headed. He took one look at me and called to another empoyee in an urgent voice. She came quickly with some juice for me to sip on, and both of the workers held a garbage can for me to dry-heave into. Afterwards, I felt fine, and I've donated plasma and never felt sick since.

No comments:

Google